Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Adams' prayer update excerpts

Mike and I had a very good time in the States this month with our family and friends. We are grateful to those who let us use their vehicles to travel many, many miles in Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, and the District of Columbia. Thank you for housing us at various times.

We got to help Papaw put a complicated puzzle together (it still is not completed), hear a beautiful hand bell choir directed by my sister-in-law, and finalize summer plans in Budapest with a partnering church. We spent time with Alexander during his spring break, went shopping with Rebecca, saw where Robert works on army helicopters, and lavished hugs and kisses on our grandchildren. This was our first time meeting our new granddaughter, Haley. I had a wonderful time talking with my mom (who likes bacon by the way ;) , and being with my brothers. Spending the day in D.C. in the cold and wind, walking 12 miles around the city with our friends was also a good thing. Listening to Mike as he struck up conversations with waiters, people on the subway, and people at the airport, hoping to have those important spiritual talks, was a lesson in humility for me. It was a good trip.

We are grateful that we were able to meet with the students at the school before their spring break this month so we could share the Easter story.  Today when we arrived at the school, the English teachers surprised me with a bouquet of flowers for my birthday. Hence, the picture I sent. When we walked into one of our classes, the students sang Happy Birthday to me. I was overwhelmed. I was blessed also by birthday wishes from colleagues, and family and friends in the States as well. One of the happiest feelings we can have is to know we are loved, and I certainly feel that I am loved. God loved all of us so much that He even gave His son to die. Then God raised Jesus up. What a Resurrection Sunday! Pass the story and His love on to others you meet.

In His service, and for His glory,
Mike and Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment