Saturday, August 1, 2015

Adams' prayer update excerpts

Dear Friends,

We are grateful for all you do to contribute to the Lord’s work. As I read stories about summer camps and outreach events here in Hungary and across the globe, I am reminded that Mike and I are just a very small part of a much larger team of believers intent on using our gifts and talents to spread the Gospel and make disciples. Thank you.

We finished our second camp on July 3rd and were able to follow up on a few of our campers. One is a strong believer, one is looking for a church home and answers to difficult questions, and one is not yet a believer. Please join us in prayer as Mike and I meet again with these teenagers in the weeks and months ahead to encourage, disciple, and once again share the love of Christ.

Our third camp experience this summer occurred this month in Erd. We were invited to help our IMB colleagues, the Browns, teach English for a short time each morning. It was a joy to work with the students and to come alongside other believers in sharing Christ.

The month ended with a beautiful wedding we attended in Balatonszemes. Tunde, who has helped translate in several of our camps in the past, married David. The high point for me at the seven hour wedding and celebration time came when I introduced myself to Tunde’s mother. She threw her arms around me and thanked me profusely for our prayers for Tunde. It took me a minute before I realized why she was so thankful. A year ago Tunde stayed at our house during camp week and asked us to please pray specifically for God to lead her in finding the man he wanted her to marry. We did not know about David at the time, but we prayed earnestly with her over those days. I believe God answered by giving her a wonderful and Godly husband.

Mike and Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment