Sunday, December 17, 2017

Salt and Light - December 17

Greetings from Debrecen,

We are thankful for God's strength each day. We had a full week with school and getting ready for guests. Arianna arrived yesterday and we are thankful that she is able to spend time in Hungary with us for Christmas. So thankful that God gives us opportunities to share about Him. I was on campus for my language lesson and I noticed a young lady in the bathroom looking around and asked her where she was from. She said she was from Pakistan and she was so happy to hear me speak English that she gave me a hug. We talked about school and I asked her how I can pray for her and she shared with me that she was a Muslim. She reminded me of the many students on campus that are stressed with exams but who are also open to prayer. We are asking God to use this to reveal Himself to her.

Please continue to pray;

  • "I" would do well on her exams and that she would see how God, not Allah, is answering prayer. God would allow our paths to cross again and/or other Christians who would share with her.
  • Sophia and Abigail would have God's peace about school. Courage to do the hard things and also to let go of what is not important. They would depend on the Lord.
  • Asking God to prepare the hearts of Arianna and her friend Abi as they prepare to serve in South Asia.
  • "I" will have his 2nd national medical exam on the 25th of December in Israel. Pray that he would be able to focus and not be distracted by the political issues. He would know that it is God who is helping him.
  • Our friends are organizing a Christmas Eve Worship service on campus, pray that students who are not connected to any church as well as non-Christians would come and that they would see Jesus in what is said and through the people that they meet.
  • We will have several opportunities to have non-Christians in our home as well as believers. Pray that we will be a light to those in darkness and an encouragement to believers. God would give us boldness and that we would not miss any opportunities that He gives us to speak about Him.
  • Darrel and I would be faithful and that we would focus on the Lord.

Thank you! Signing off until January! Have a blessed and Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

One of His servants,

Kimberly Hathcock

No comments:

Post a Comment