Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Hungary 4 Him: Katelyn’s September update

School has started and time is flying by! I began teaching my students the second week of September.  I have more students this year than I did last year and it seems like they keep coming. As of right now, I am teaching 12 different students.  The issue with more students wanting to come is they all want to come in the afternoon and those times are filled up. As the semester continues, I am trying to come up with ideas to attract more students to Youth Group on Friday nights. Some of the students who were coming in the summer have not come back since the start of school. Sometimes this is very disheartening.  It makes me question different reasons as to why they might not be attending.

I am adjusting to my new schedule.  It has also helped get me out of the rut I was in.  I am very thankful for your intercession on my behalf.
  • As October begins, I ask that you would continue to pray for me spiritually, physically, and emotionally.  
  • Please remember each of the students I meet with.  None of them are believers.
  • Pray that I would use our time wisely and would be bold in sharing the Gospel with them.
  • Pray for Youth Group on Friday nights.  Pray that God would equip me with the right passage(s).  Also pray that students would come back.
  • Pray for safe travels as I go to Prague and back to Nagykanizsa.  I will be meeting with many friends who I had the privilege of spending 2 months with before we were scattered throughout Europe.  Pray also for their travels.
  • Continue to pray for “T” and “G.”  “G” has become a lot more vocal when it comes to the gospel.  However, many times she is only questioning it.  She is looking for a logical explanation and she doesn’t understand something she cannot see.  I believe that the Holy Spirit is working on her heart.
  • Pray for our slumber party (October 28.)  I am not 100% sure on the details right now, but I am hoping it will be an extended time of learning more about the students, laughing with them, and sharing the love of Christ with them.
  • Pray that I would spend my time wisely.  My afternoon-evening times are mostly full.  I am usually more motivated in the evening to do things, so pray that I would be motivated to work on things in the mornings.
 
~ Katelyn, IMB Western Hungary Team ~


No comments:

Post a Comment